Terms of Service
Section 1. General Provisions
Article 1. Definitions
Agreement on Use of Stores.
Mail-order services that are provided by the store owner (“We,” “Our” or “Us”) through the Internet.
Article 2. Application of Agreement
We have established this Agreement to enable Users to make use of the Basic Service We provide on the Internet. By starting to use the Basic Service, the User is deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Article 3. Changes to This Agreement
If deemed necessary, We may amend this Agreement within the scope of the purposes of the Basic Service. In the event of any amendment to this Agreement, we will notify Users and Purchasers, in advance, of the amended terms and conditions of this Agreement and the effective date of such amendment, by posting these on Our website or by other appropriate means. Users shall be deemed to have accepted the amended Agreement if such Users use the Basic Service on or after such effective date.
Section 2. Commodity Purchases, etc.
Article 4. Commodity Purchases
- Users may purchase commodities from Us by using the Basic Service.
- Users wishing to purchase commodities may apply for such purchases according to procedures specified elsewhere.
- In accordance with said application, after verifying the delivery address, order content, other information, etc. input and registered by the User, the User must click on the "Order" button. A purchase contract between the User and Us relative to said commodities is considered concluded from the time when Our letter of confirmation reaches said User.
- Regardless of the provisions set forth in the preceding article, in case of any wrongful or inappropriate act, We may cancel or rescind the purchase contract or take whatever other measures may be suitable.
- Minors may not use the Basic Service or make purchases without the consent of a competent legal representative, given in advance.
Article 5. Changes to Registered Information
In the event of changes, in whole or in part, to the name and/or address entered by a purchaser during a purchase and/or to any other information submitted by such purchaser to Us, such purchaser shall promptly notify Us of such changes. Notwithstanding the registration of such changes, any transaction already processed prior to such registration of changes shall be fulfilled based on the information prior to the registration of changes.
Article 6. Payment
- Commodity payment amount consists of the commodity sales price listed on Our web site, plus consumption tax, delivery charge, and commission rate.
- Payment methods for commodities purchased through the Basic Service are limited to credit cards in the name of the purchaser, bank transfers, cash-on-delivery payment, and any other payment method We may specify.
- Credit-card payments must conform to conditions set forth in a separately concluded contract between the purchaser and the credit-card company.
- Should a dispute arise relative to credit-card use between the purchaser and the credit-card company or equivalent, User and credit-card company are responsible for settling it between themselves.
Article 7. Returns
We handle returns from Purchasers according to the “Special Provisions Item on Returns” contained in the Special Commercial Transaction Act posted on Our site.
Section 3. Treatment of Personal Information
Article 8. Handling of Personal Information
Section 4. Responsibilities Related to Usage
Article 9. Prohibitions
In using the Basic Service, Users and Purchasers shall be prohibited from engaging in any of the acts listed below.
- Any act that causes or is likely to cause trouble, disadvantage, or damage to any other User, third party or Us.
- Any act that infringes or is likely to infringe on any of Our or third-party rights, such as copyrights, patent rights or other intellectual-property rights, personal rights, portrait rights, privacy rights, and publicity rights.
- Any act that infringes on or is likely to infringe on public order and standards of decency and other laws and ordinances.
- To use any Content obtained through the Basic Service beyond the limits of personal use.
- To reproduce, sell, publish, distribute or publicly disclose, through any other User or other third party, any Content obtained through the Basic Service, or any act similar to any of the above.
- Any act that hinders the operations of the Basic Service or any other service provided by Us.
- Any act that is reasonably considered by Us to cause damage to or a loss of Our reputation.
- Any other act deemed inappropriate by Us.
Section 5. Disclaimers
Article 10. Disclaimers
- We accept no liability for any damage incurred by third parties as a result of any User’s or Purchaser’s breach of this Agreement.
- We make no warranty as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability, usefulness or any other aspect of: (i) the content of the Basic Service; or (ii) any information obtained by Users or Purchasers through the Basic Service.
- We do not generally accept any liability to Users or Purchasers for any damage arising from their use of the Basic Service, nor do We assume any obligation to compensate any Users or Purchasers for such damage. However, if these disclaimers are not applicable due to such reasons as that the contract executed between a User or Purchaser and Us under this Agreement constitutes a Consumer Contract as defined in Article 2, paragraph 3 of the Consumer Contract Act (Act No. 61 of 2000), such provisions of this Agreement as otherwise fully release Us from Our liability shall not apply. If such contract executed under this Agreement constitutes a Consumer Contract and if We assume liability for damages due to default or tort, then We shall assume liability for damages up to the amount paid by the User or Purchaser to Us under this Agreement for the period of one year preceding the date of occurrence of the damage, unless such damage is caused by intent or gross negligence on Our part.
- If a Purchaser fails or refuses to receive goods, or if a Purchaser is unable to receive goods due to his/her long absence, or if a Purchaser’s delivery address is unknown, or if a Purchaser is unable to receive goods for other reasons on the part of the Purchaser, then We shall fulfill Our obligation to deliver such goods through such means as contacting the contact details registered by the Purchaser and bringing or shipping the goods to the delivery address designated by the Purchaser during the purchase of the goods, whereupon We shall be released from such obligation.
Section 6. Miscellaneous Provisions
Article 11. Copyrights and Intellectual-property Rights
All Content provided by the Basic Service is vested exclusively in Us or duly authorized third parties. Should problems arise owing to infringement of this article between Users or Purchasers and third parties, said Users or Purchasers are to assume responsibility and costs for resolution without causing any damage, loss or disadvantage to Us.
Article 12. Applicable Legislation
This Agreement is subject to all the laws and ordinances of the nation of Japan.
Article 13. Negotiations and Court of Jurisdiction
We and the relevant User or Purchaser, as the case may be, shall strive to promptly resolve through consultation, in accordance with the principle of good faith, any matters not specified herein or any questions arising as to the interpretation of this Agreement. It is agreed in advance that the court having jurisdiction over Our location shall have exclusive jurisdiction as the court of first instance over all disputes related to this Agreement.